I love a dinner that is quick to prepare, smells amazing while cooking, and tastes even better. This is one of those meals.
I love roasts and this recipe is one of my favorites. It doesn’t take long to prepare and the ingredients are super cheap. In fact, I always have the ingredients on hand at my house, so all I need to do is pick out a roast at the grocery store!
Now that Fall is officially here, this recipe is the perfect for me to utilize my slow-cooker. Not only will it make my house smell amazing, but it will allow me more time to spend with my kids or clean house. But, between you and me, I would rather spend my time playing Candyland with my kids!
[Kraft Foods|http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/pot-roast-gravy-112583.aspx" target="_blank]
Meat and vegetables, slow-simmered to perfection with a barbecue gravy that makes your weeknight dinner easy and mouth-watering.
15 minPrep Time
6 hrCook Time
6 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 boneless beef pot roast (2-21/2 lb.)
- 5-6 red potatoes, quartered
- 6-7 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1 bottle (18 oz) your favorite barbecue sauce
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/3 cup water
- Place meat in slow-cooker and top with potatoes and carrots. Pour barbecue sauce over the top. Cover with lid and cook on low 8-9 hours or high for 6-7 hours.
- Remove meat from slow-cooker and cover with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove vegetables with slotted spoon and place on a serving platter; cover with foil.
- Mix flour and water. Stir into barbecue sauce in the slow-cooker until thickened. Slice meat and add to the platter of veggies. Top with gravy.