White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com
Soft and chewy, these classic cookies are full of white chocolate chips and chopped macadamia nuts.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 45-55 minutes
Yield: About 3 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in extracts.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium-sized bowl; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the nuts and white chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by tablespoons (or a medium sized cookie scoop) onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.