I don’t cook or bake a lot with pears or cranberries. So awful! But I decided that needed to change and I was going to start with this pear & cranberry crisp!
The colors themselves are just so pretty and the flavor, well…I’m having a hard time keeping my husband out of the crisp! He actually ate a bowl of it for breakfast the other day! Apparently, that’s how we do breakfast on the weekends. Or maybe it’s just a guy thing. I don’t know. But I do know, that this crisp is really easy, really beautiful, and really really good! It’s sweet, it’s tart, it’s everything magical about the holidays!
- 1 pkg (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 2 lbs pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, divded
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cranberries and pears. In a small bowl, combine sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1 Tablespoon flour. Pour the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the berries and pears and gently toss to combine. Pour into the bottom of a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, oats, and brown sugar. With a pastry blender, cut in butter until the mixture resembles course sand. Stir in chopped pecans and spoon over the berries, pressing the crumb mixture into the fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and pears are tender. Cool slightly. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 94mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 6gSugar: 40gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.