I have something against raisins. I hate them. Those pruned little bits of fruit (that can be occasionally seen singing and dancing) have zero business in baked goods. I remember a long time ago I went to Camp 18 for lunch one day and my mom suggested we share their bread pudding for dessert. Naturally, I was excited, until I saw that there were raisins running through the dessert.
I ended up abandoning the dessert, leaving my mom to finish off the rest of it.
Last year during one of the hospitality and homemaking classes I attend, we made “Classic Oatmeal Cookies” and they blew my mind – they were so good. Since I always have all the ingredients on hand-they’ve become my “go-to” cookie to make in a pinch. The original recipe called for currants. I can do currants. I actually like currants.
But I like chocolate better. I’m sorry- I will always be the girl that takes chocolate over fruit any day. #sorrynotsorry
And I will always be the girl that has to have just one more cookie. Especially if they are these cookies. #cookiesforthewin
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well. Add oats and chocolate chips. Mix.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment-line cookie sheets. Bake for 13-14 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Cool for a minute and move to wire rack.
Recipe by Lisa Pearson
These cookies freeze beautifully after baking. Just toss the baked cookies into a freezer bag and thaw when you want some cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.