I’m over at Evermine’s blog today sharing these Espresso Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies that are guaranteed to make your heart skip a beat at the first bite.
These cookies are the perfect treat for coffee lovers, chocolate lovers, and brownie lovers. They are super simple to bake up and are such a lovely way to show you care to that special someone in your life. In this case, it was my husband. And then all of my husband’s co-workers, because, ya know – sharing is caring!
I don’t think there is anything sweeter than homemade baked goods, and these cookies wrapped up in a box with some personalized labels are just the ticket to make this Valentine’s Day extra special without breaking the bank.
So head on over to Evermine today to make these cute tags and order some boxes and labels so you can show how much you care by sharing some baked treats with your sweetie!
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 8 tbsp butter, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup +2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a double boiler, combine the unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of chocolate chips, and butter, stirring until melted. Remove from the smaller pan, containing the chocolate from the double boiler and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs, sugar, and instant coffee granules on high speed until very thick and mixture forms a ribbon when whisk is lifted, about 3 minutes. Slowly add the melted chocolate to the bowl, whisking until just combined. Turn the stand mixer off. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl and stir until just combined. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Line baking sheets with a silpat or parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, scoop batter and place about 2 inches apart on baking sheets. (Note: the batter is loose)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes ( I found that 10 minutes was perfect) or until the cookies are cracker and puffed on top. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and allow to cool for one minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 159Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g