Here it is, the final day of our Father’s Day Pie week. We kicked off with this Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Pie, and then we moved into the Lemon Cream Pie, and today I’m back with yet another peanut butter pie recipe because it is one of my husband’s favorites! In fact, it used to be on the blog, but since I couldn’t find it to update the photos, it appears that I deleted it. So here it is!
I first made this pie…I think back in 2009 or 2010, and it was a hit with everybody. I’ve been making it ever since!
Josh loves this pie! I think the fudge swirls really make it seem special and like extra love went into it (which of course it did). The filling is just super super yummy too. The kids and I always lick the leftovers off the spatulas, and it is just so fluffy and tasty. I could seriously just eat the filling by itself.
Here’s what I love most about this pie. It’s so easy! It probably takes all of 10 minutes to throw together, which makes it an ideal dessert to share at a family gathering or bring to someone and cheer up their day.
Now you could make your own pie crust. I’ve done that before with a package of oreos and it is so delicious. But, I wanted to show you what it would look like if you used a store-bought crust (which is a completely acceptable thing to do). No shame in taking help from the store. That’s why it’s there right?
If you do take help from the store, then there is no baking involved. You just whip up the filling, pour it into the crust, swirl some fudge on top, and stick it in the fridge to chill. Easy peasey.
So, if you are pressed for time this Father’s Day and need a short cut dessert – this is the one you want to make. You and your family will not be sorry you did! I have no doubt that it will become a family favorite like it has in ours.
Catz in the Kitchen
It has peanut butter and fudge swirled together. What more do you need to know to convince you to make this pie?
10 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1- 8 oz. pkg of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter-I used natural peanut butter
- 2 cups COOL WHIP topping, thawed
- 1 chocolate or oreo pre-made pie crust
- 1/4 cup hot fudge topping, warmed
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and peanut butter in a large mixing with paddle attachment until blended. (If you don't have a KitchenAid, an electric mixer works too, but the filling won't be as fluffy.
- Fold in COOL WHIP.
- Pour into pie crust. Drizzle the hot fudge over the filling and gently swirl the fudge with a knife.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.