2. So WHO watched The Next Food Network Star on Sunday! WE DID!!! I gotta say, I respect Michelle a lot for her decision to leave the competition. As a fellow foodie/mom/blogger I totally get where she is coming from. Her dream may very well be to have her own show, but as a parent our kids need our mom and in the end, is the time spent away from those moments and memories with your kid worth the fame? That’s why being a blogger is so great. You are right there with your kids and they are right there with you every step of the way. #winwin
3. This past weekend, we went to the Farmer’s Market (twice in the same day). We got our breakfast there, we bought almost all of our grocery produce there and we just really love the one we go to because of how small it is. Do you have a Farmer’s Market in your area you like to go to?
4. When we were at Home Depot on Sunday, I discovered this wicker cooler and cabinet and flipped out over it. I fell in love! What a beautiful and practical way to store beverages, cups, etc outside for all of your guests to enjoy while entertaining! We didn’t buy it though…even though I really adored it and it was cheaper in the store than online.
5. Some of you may know I stopped drinking coffee. I know! What?Why? I hated the fact that I got headaches when I didn’t have enough caffeine in my system. Aside from the occasional latte Josh will fix us in a random late afternoon/early evening or the decaf tea I drink on the occasional morning, I just drink water. Plain old cold water! But, this weekend, I did try an Iced Raspberry Black Tea from Starbucks and it was really good. I usually stick with an Iced Passion Tea (actually, that’s all I usually get in the tea form) but this was a surprisingly tasty change from my usual. Plus-it doesn’t hurt that a tall only cost me $1.47. So much cheaper than some fancy coffee, guys!
1. My brother-in-law, who attended university in Chicago, sent me this amazing timelapse of the city. I’ve seen other timelapses of the Windy City before, but never anything quite like this! It’s truly spectacular – must watch! (just a note, but I especially like the way you can see the flightpaths of the aircraft over the city in various shots)
2. This picture of a nine-year-old boy receiving his “Ebola free” certificate really got to me for some reason. It was taken in Liberia, the country hardest hit by the virus last year, and also where my mom lived during grade school and high school. Kid must be a fighter – quite a physical accomplishment at nine!
3. Yesterday was the 46th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing! Truthfully, I would have completely forgotten if not for Buzz Aldrin tweeting about it all day. That guy is amazing. His feet were the second pair to ever touch the moon’s surface, and here he is tweeting away about it almost half a century later! Now he’s hashtagging his posts #GYATM (“get your a** to Mars”)…