These flourless chocolate peanut butter cookies are easy to make, require a single bowl for prep, and can be made gluten-free!
Okay, you guys are going to love these cookies! Why are you going to love them you ask? I’ll give you three reasons:
- Easy to make.
- You only need one bowl.
- They’re perfect if you’re on a gluten-free diet – no flour!
It really doesn’t get better than that! You could really use any peanut butter you like here. I’ve made these with creamy peanut butter, like Jif or Skippy and I’ve also made these with Justin’s peanut butter – which in my opinion tastes like the peanut butter you used to be able to grind with straight up peanuts in the store before Covid. Who remembers that? I like the Justin’s peanut butter because it has more texture, but you do you boo!
One of the things that is fun about these is that they are a fun twist on a peanut butter cookie and a chocolate chip cookie…a hybrid per say. If your kids love either of those cookies (or maybe your husband), these would be great to make. One of the benefits to these, besides the reasons lifted above is because the ingredients are minimal, you can knock these out quickly in the kitchen – and they cook for a short amount of time!
If you want to make these a bit special – which I think totally counts today in our very socially distanced world, you could order some cute envelopes and little labels for the cookies, which would be so cute and handy if you were to do a field trip to the zoo or something.
I think, sometimes (but not all of the time) it matters putting thought into little things and of course, cookies are ALWAYS enough on their own, but if you’re the creative type, then this might be something you’d have fun with. But no pressure!
I’m actually more inclined to throw the cookies on a plate and call it a day. I’m also not particularly creative.
I may not be creative, but I do love to be in the kitchen and bake yummy foods. If you’re like me, then hop into the kitchen either with the kids or by yourself (baking by yourself is also very therapeutic) and whip out a batch of these cookies and I’d be curious to see how long they lasted before they were all gone. In our house, they were snatched up within 24 hours.
Happy Baking friends!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or whatever you prefer
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. F. Place parchment or a silpat on a baking sheet.
- Beat together in a medium bowl peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg. Stir in the chocolate chips and using a medium-sized cookie scoop, scoop dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. Use a few extra chips to garnish the top of each ball of cookie dough.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven. Sprinkle with sea salt and let the cookies sit for another 2-3 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.