1. Let’s talk social media for a moment. A lot of people are on Snapchat. I am not. I don’t think there is anything wrong with it, a lot of my friends use it. But you guys, I do not know how everyone keeps up with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat…and whatever else is out there. I simply cannot do it all. Josh handles Twitter, while I take care of the Catz Facebook page and Instagram. But you are more than welcome to follow us on the other mentioned social media outlets. I check them daily and love interacting with our readers!
2. We blew a flat tire just as we entered into Oregon on Saturday night and it sure was handy having a working spare tire. That little tire crept along at 50mph for over four hours that evening…and thank goodness it did! Make sure you’re keeping up on your spare tire maintenance!
3. Speaking of creeping along at a snail’s pace. While we drove home, we listened to the BBC’s Witness program – which are 9-ish minute long historical bios on all sorts of different topics. The first one we listened to was on The Execution of Anne Boleyn and listening to it only made me want to read more about her because I basically know nothing about the family. If you’ve got book suggestions on the topic, let me know!
1. So, I finished Consider the Fork a couple of weeks ago, and it was fantastic. I cannot possibly recommend it more. Fascinating trivia, great history, lots of foodie knowledge and tips, and incredibly good writing. Next up is The War that Ended Peace. Not exactly light reading, but I’m still trying to bring my reading on World War I closer to par with that on World War II…and it’s complicated!
2. This trailer for The Founder looks so good! Michael Keaton is usually pretty entertaining, but this story looks like one that really puts him in his element, plus it has the advantage of bring interesting and unfamiliar to most people. And it’s a period piece! What more can you ask for?
3. Um, we’re running our nuclear arsenal on floppy disks…I don’t know what to say about that, except it makes me feel better about that old work laptop I have that still runs Windows 7…