Make this delightful Cranberry Orange Quick Bread recipe, keep a festive loaf for yourself, and gift one away to spread some tasty cheer!
Tis the season for cranberries! Okay, there are really so many reasons to love cranberries other than just the pure fact that they’re good for you (but they are)! They are one of the few ingredients that you can freeze until virtually the end of time and still be completely perfect for thawing or using frozen in a recipe. Gosh, I love the convenience of that!
Cranberry and orange are a perfect pairing around the holidays. We have several recipes on the blog that pair cranberries and oranges together like these recipes:
I think one of the reasons why these two ingredients pop up together in so many dishes is because the dish always tastes fresh and looks beautiful! Gorgeous pops of color just begging to be eaten.
I told you recently in my apple zucchini bread post how much I love a good quick bread recipe. Easy flavors. Not much of a time commitment because they don’t involve yeast. And a plus is they are simple recipes to double, so you can share.
This Cranberry Orange Quick Bread hits the nail on the head with all of the above! Quick and easy. Flavorful and moist. And bonus – you get two loaves of bread out of this recipe! Tada! You can make one and share one!
Actually, if you are the kind of person who loves to give gifts that you’ve either crafted or made yourself, I can think of few things better than this beautiful loaf of bread. If you really wanted to make this a cute gift, run to Home Goods and get a cute little cutting board, a decorative serving knife, a festive tea towel, and wrap it all together with ribbon and my goodness, you have an adorable gift that anyone would love!
My family really loved this bread to snack on or eat for breakfast. Pair it with a cup of coffee and you have a really vibrant and cheery post-dinner dessert! You could toast this bread and spread a little butter, jam, or even cream cheese on it. Or…obviously eat it without anything on it – which is how I enjoyed it.
I hope you enjoy this cranberry orange quick bread recipe as much as we did – make it soon and gift one away! If you do make this a gift for someone, please snap a picture and tag me on Instagram. I would love to see how you “gift it” away!
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup milk (I used 2% milk)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (or use could use applesauce, canola oil, or vegetable oil)
- 3 tbsp orange zest
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped (I used a honey crisp apple)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a medium sized bowl, whisk the egg, milk, orange juice, oil, and zest; stir into the dry ingredients just until blended. Gently fold in the cranberries and apple.
- Pour batter into 2 greased 8x4 -inch loaf pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack till completely cooled.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home Magazine
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.