Last month in September, the Homemaking & Hospitality classes I attend started back up. We took a nice long break over the summer – it’s a joy to be back in them and I’m always excited to share with all of you some of the recipes and tips I pick up from the classes.
Desserts like this remind me of when I was a little girl. My mom was a homemaker and dinner time was always a special time in our house. She would often surprise us with some sort of little dessert or treat and would just make my day. My mom took pride in her job – taking care of the house – and that same pride went into her food, too.
I’ve always hoped to be an example like that for my children – that they look forward to our meals around the dinner table, and know how much their mother loves being home everyday, taking care of them.
A bit of autumn, light and creamy in your dish, with bright pumpkin flavor.
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 (3.4 oz) box JELL-O Instant Butterscotch pudding
- 2 cupsheavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cuppumpkin puree
- 1/2 tspground cinnamon
- 1/4 tspallspice
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- Mix pudding and heavy cream according to package directions. Stir in pumpkin and spices.
- Divide into 4 old-fashioned sundae dishes or glass jars. Let sit for 6-8 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar before serving.