Is it just me or do bread and pasta just go together? Like bacon and eggs, or peanut butter and jelly, or meat and potatoes? I cannot serve my family pasta without some sort of carby goodness on the side. Yes, I know, carbs + carbs = BAD, but you know what? I don’t care.
Carbs are only bad if that’s all you eat, so I always serve a salad or a veggie on the side to balance all that carb out.
That’s a thing that works, right?
Garlic bread is a favorite in our household, and a must for spaghetti (which is always the meal Eden requests when Josh is out of town on business). Of course, you can buy garlic bread from the store…but it likely won’t taste as good as making your own spread at home.
And, of course, you can buy the pre-made spread from the store…but then you have to wonder what is really in it…
My suggestion is to make your own.
Which is so insanely easy.
Not only can you have your kiddos help make the spread in the kitchen, but you also control how much of the spread goes onto each slice, and you control which bread you want to use. So many options!
I, of course, like all of the above three choices, which shouldn’t surprise anyone because we ladies tend to like options. This also explains why we’ll buy the same pair of shoes three times but in three different colors. (Editor’s note: It does?)
Did I mention how easy this spread is to make? I swear…five minutes tops, and then whatever is left over just store in the fridge. The next time you want to use it, take it out of the fridge a few hours ahead of time to allow the butter to soften and voila, presto chango, instant garlic bread spread.
Catz in the Kitchen
Ever wanted your own garlic butter spread recipe for making garlic bread at home? Well, now's your chance! This one is easy, quick, and keeps in the fridge!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 large loaf of Italian or French bread
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients with a spoon or rubber spatula until smooth and completely mixed through..( Alternatively, you could also whip this up with the your stand mixer using the paddle attachment. )
- Spread the butter on the loaf or bread slices and wrap in foil. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 3-5 minutes.