This post originally appeared on Catz in October of 2012. It has been remade and rephotographed, and brought back from the archives!
So…I have a confession to make, and I think that you might think it’s a little weird. Spaghetti, like a really delicious spaghetti, is one of my favorite things to eat as a leftover for lunch. Is that weird? Maybe not. I feel like it’s weird. This spaghetti here is probably the best spaghetti we’ve ever made and the leftovers were just as good the second and third time around as the original dish was the night we made it!
It’s no surprise this spaghetti is delicious. You start out simmering a ton of garlic in olive oil for 30 minutes.
So, I guess what I’m saying is, that if you don’t like garlic, stay away from this recipe!
But if you do, hop aboard the garlic train because your senses of taste and smell are about to have a party!
Even Josh, who is not the biggest traditional spaghetti fan, loved this recipe. In fact, he said, “If more spaghetti recipes tasted like this, I would get more excited about it!” So…this recipe is a flavor winner and one you should definitely try out the next time you have an easy spaghetti night.
- 9 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente (I used Angel Hair)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- grated parmesan, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, cook the garlic in the olive oil for 30 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally to keep the garlic from drying out. In a medium saucepan, add the butter and tomatoes, and stir until well blended and the butter is melted. Stir in the garlic oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare pasta, according to package direction.
- Allow the flavors to meld for 10 minutes. Toss with the spaghetti and serve garnished with basil and parmesan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.