This is one of my old standby slow-cooker recipes. I could assemble this meal with my eyes closed, it’s so easy. I’ve been making this meal since Grace was a baby and now she is nearly 8 years old (Eeek)! I came across this recipe back in the day when I was given a subscription to the Taste of Home magazine and I was thrilled when I came across this recipe because I was just beginning to use my crockpot. It’s been a favorite in our household ever since.
Not only is this dish flavorful and easy, but extremely frugal too. I love it, my husband loves it, and more importantly, my kids love it, too!
[Taste of Home|http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/three-beans-and-sausage" target="_blank]
15 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Hot Cooked Rice
- In a 5qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- Sprinkle with oregano and thyme.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until heated through.
- Discard bay leaf. Serve with rice.