*This recipe and pictures have been slightly updated from the 2011 archives. The post got some editing and the pictures got a makeover just in time for pumpkin season.*
The great thing about this recipe is that it makes three loaves of pumpkin bread, so keep that in mind when you’re going over the recipe ingredients. But that does mean you can keep one loaf of bread and share the two loaves with family, friends, or co-workers.
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil/applesauce
- 4 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3-9x5 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs until well-incorporated. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Gradually pour into the pumpkin batter a little bit at a time, stirring after each addition until the mixture is well-blended.
- Divide batter evenly between the loaf pans and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Allow to cool completely in pans before removing the bread. Run a knife around the edges of the bread in the pan to loosen. Store any remaining bread in plastic wrap.
Recipe courtesy of Cindy Jensen
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.