A bit of carbonation makes this sparkling apple cider pound cake taste & feel special! You’ll note a “sparkle” in the cake & the glaze!
Hi guys, I’m over at Evermine’s blog today kicking off the holiday season with this Sparkling Cider Pound Cake with Sparkling Cider Glaze!
The holidays are a great time to use baked goods to show appreciation for family, friends, and neighbors, and this pound cake hits all the right notes. It’s beautiful, delectable, and has that distinct “sparkling” flavor.
Whipping this up, I couldn’t help but let the Christmas spirit take hold of me. I wanted Christmas music playing and I was wishing snow was falling. The sparkling apple cider makes this pound cake feel special. All this cake needs is a big, bright ribbon tied around it to really bring the holidays to life.
Head on over to Evermine today to get the adorable little tags!
Have a great Saturday everyone!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cup sparkling cider
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup sparkling cider
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, along with the vanilla extract.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, flour, and baking powder and stir to combine. Add alternately with ½ cup sparkling cider to the wet ingredients and beat until well incorporated.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 inch by 5 inch loaf pan. (If using disposable loaf pans, grease them to prevent sticking)
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 60-70 minutes or until the top is golden brown and until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool in pan 5-10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar and cider until the mixture is smooth. Pour over cooled pound cake.