1. Remember last week when I said that I was on the hunt for a China hutch? Well, I found one! I’ve had success with Craigslist in the past – we’ve sold a lot of stuff on there and we’ve found a few items too, but I found exactly what I looking for and I got it for a bargain.
2. I think Josh and I have been hit by the DIY bug. I think maybe it’s because there seems to be a bit more freedom when you’re a homeowner. We haven’t done anything too big yet. Just building a gate to the rv parking, bringing new life a to an old bookshelf, and made a “welcome” sign for the front porch. We are working on something else, but we want to make sure it actually works before we talk about it. In fact, we’ll post about it if it does. We’re taking pictures, lol!
3. In movie news, our pre-ordered copy of Cinderella came from Disney Movie Club and watched that with the girls on Friday for our movie night. It is really a cute movie.
1. So, this is apparently international animals giving each other piggy back rides year. Or something to that effect. Remember the weasel on the woodpecker? The raccoon on the alligator? Well, now meet the whale-riding seal. The nice thing about this one is that it seems quite harmless to the whale and quite fun for the seal, as opposed to the first two… (the weasel is trying to kill the woodpecker, and the veracity of the raccoon / alligator matchup has been called into question.
2. My friends, family, and colleagues all know that I love The West Wing. It’s my favorite television show. Whether or not I agree with the political views expressed in the show (I often don’t), it’s just a masterpiece of smart, creative filmmaking and excellent acting and writing. If you haven’t seen it, you should. For any other fellow West Wing fans out there, I stumbled across this brilliant Judd Winick cartoon this week! You’re welcome.
3. The clever folks over at Corr Chilled came up with this handy infographic about how to deal with burned mouths. Even if you consider yourself the king of “dealing with it,” you undoubtedly have someone in your home (a child, for instance?) who cannot deal with spicy. Keep this handy – it may help!