We find ourselves craving the sweet comfort of this corn pudding side dish! Make it for a holiday, a potluck, or just a regular family meal!
Don’t be deceived by the title of this recipe. Just because it says “pudding” does not mean that this is a dessert. Quite the opposite – I’d say that this leans more into the casserole category, but it is definitely a side dish – not a main dish.
We’ve made this recipe so many times over the last few months – it takes virtually no time at all to prep. Which was great around the holidays because I made it once before Thanksgiving, once for Thanksgiving, and again for Christmas, and then there was one more time in-between that it got made just because it is so good and everyone loves it. In fact, my Father-in-Love loves this dish so much that if there are ever any leftovers, he always asks to take them home!
I love how easy this is to prepare because if you’re making this for a holiday – Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter – it’s nice to have a dish that you can count on to always turn out perfectly. It’s also a comforting side dish – not fancy, no frills, but feels like down home (maybe Southern?) cooking. I especially love that we can make it even easier to make with packaged cornbread mix, which is just a great recipe staple to have on hand in your pantry. Cornbread just goes with so many main dishes…and so does this corn pudding.
You could serve this alongside our bbq chicken sandwiches, pulled pork (I’m actually working on a recipe for this right now), or oven bbq chicken, just to name a few main dish ideas. It’s also ideal for a potluck! I live in the PNW and our church loves a good potluck, but I have never seen this dish at one, so maybe something to consider (and I should consider!) making for your church potluck, bridal/baby shower, or family gathering.
I know Easter is just around the corner so definitely include this dish on your holiday menu, or if you’re just looking for a simple side to include in your next family meal…make this!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pkg. (8 1/2 oz.) cornbread/muffin mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) cream-style corn
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease 9x13 or 3 qt. baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream. Gradually, mix in cornbread mix alternately with milk. Fold in both cans of corn.
- Pour in prepared baking dish and bake, uncovered for 45-50 minutes until set, and lightly browned. Serve right away.
Recipe Source: Taste of Home
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.