1. We’re in Sunriver on vacation and having a great time. I’m still trying to get over this cold that bumped into me last weekend, but I definitely feel better than I did last week and I’m not about to let a stupid cold ruin my vacation. I’m drinking tons and tons of water, taking my meds, and trying to get enough rest. Not always easy when your sleeping in a bed that isn’t yours.
2. Grace learned how to swim underwater today. My in-laws took the kids to the family swim center here in Sunriver and helped Grace learn how to swim and I think she’s caught the swimming bug now. I’m hoping this continues because my mother in law has offered to continue teach Grace through the winter at our community pool in our town.
3. In the 2 1/2 days we’ve been here, I’ve ridden about 16-17 miles on my bike. It’s definitely a challenging workout now that I’m pregnant. I’m not sure if it’s the extra baby weight or the fact that I’m 2 weeks away from my 3rd trimester that is making the whole biking thing more or a challenge than when I’m not pregnant. But it’s so much fun and I know I’ve worked hard when I get off and I’m feeling tired. I’m being careful to listen to my body and not push it to hard though.
4. The little man is finding all the biking activity fun though. He starts kicking and jumping around half way through our rides, lol! Of course, he’s a pretty active fella anyways; nights are his favorite time of day.
5. I would like to know, who’s pre-ordered the iPhone 5? I’m really excited about it!!
6. Has anyone seen that Thomas English Muffins have a pumpkin spice version for a limited time? I’m so drooling over these. For the last few weeks I’ve been eating an english muffin with my yogurt and I love it! Now I have to have these! So far, I haven’t seen them in any of the stores up here, but I am keeping my eyes peeled!
7. I think these Candy Corn Oreo Truffles are the cutest thing ever and I want one right now! I want to bake some up as soon as I get back home!
8. I feel like such a lame-o. Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte has been out for a few weeks now and I haven’t even had one yet. Have you?
9. I want to try Spaghetti Squash this year. I’ve never cooked with it before. Do you guys have any favorite recipes you think I should try? If so, please link it up in the comment section. I would love to check them out.
10. What is your favorite vegetable that Fall brings?
Tuesday 18th of September 2012
My Favorite spaghetti squash recipe from http://dandydishes.blogspot.com/2011/10/spaghetti-squash-au-gratin.html#.UFj7yRiPXL2Its so good!
Spaghetti Squash Au GratinServes 6
1 medium spaghetti squash2 tablespoons butter1 small yellow onion, cut in half and very thinly sliced¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more if you like it spicy1 teaspoon fresh thyme½ cup sour cream½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds. Place in a covered dish with a ¼ inch of water and microwave for 10 -12 minutes. In a medium sized skillet over medium heat, add the butter, onions, red pepper and thyme and cook until the onions are slightly brown in color. Salt and pepper to taste.
Using a fork, scrape the insides of the squash and transfer to a small bowl. Combine the squash, onions, sour cream and half the cheese together and mix well. Transfer the mixture to a buttered baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Place into a 375º for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown on top.