1. A few weeks ago, I bought “The Hiding Place” because I’ve been hearing about this book for close to 11 years. Every night, I would read a few pages to a few chapters every night before bed. Last night, I stayed up after Josh and I kissed each other goodnight and read the last few chapters. It was just getting to hard to put it down. I was not disappointed. I’ve never read a story by a survivor of the holocaust who was as full of hope as Corrie is in this book. So beautifully written and so full of wisdom and God’s hope and promises to us all. I think when Grace becomes old enough to handle a book like this that she will love it too!
What should I read next? I’m thinking Helen Keller’s biography…
2. A few nights ago, Josh and I have started watching Downton Abbey again. I forgot how much I missed this show. I cannot wait until the next season starts up.
3. I took Eden shopping the other day for her birthday. We ended up going to The Children’s Place and I wanted to dress Eden in all of the clothes. We finally decided on a few items and she looks so adorable in it. As soon as I take a picture, I’ll show you all.
4. I ordered a shirt the other day and I was so excited to get it and I thought I ordered it in my size. Well, apparently, the medium I ordered was more like a large on me. I was swimming in it. It was so cute in the picture too and not exactly the fabric I was expecting either. So, I sent it back in the mail on Saturday. I’m looking forward to getting my money back. I found another shirt at H&M I’m drooling over.
5. Have you guys tried these new Greek Blended yogurts from Yoplait? They are so good! I’ve only tried the coconut and blueberry and was impressed with both. I’m looking forward to other flavors too. Have you guys tried these yet?
6. I am so ready to dress my house up for fall! The weather was awfully fall like here yesterday and I got to wear long sleeves all day. It was fabulous!
7. Have you guys been playing the app Lumosity? Josh’s sister got Josh started on it and then he went and stuck it on my phone. I swear, 95% of the games make me feel stupider. Blah, and yet, I still continue to play it. I don’t think I’m improving my brain…only making it more stupid!
8. I play Draw Something with Grace and it’s a lot of fun. She is pretty clever at figuring out my pics. Sometimes I just write the questions out too. Is that cheating?
9. I need to get some blackberries. Grace keeps asking me if I will make a blackberry pie.
10. I didn’t want the VMA’s. After what I’ve heard, it doesn’t sound like missed much. I’m sure my eyes are thanking me. :)