But holidays give Josh and I a chance to venture out a little bit and try a few new things. Irish food is something we both like. In our city, we have this very Irish little pub and the food is amazing! Their fish n chips are out of this world, their mac and cheese will have you swooning and their desserts are incredible. I’ve only been there once (back when I was pregnant with Christian) and I’ve been wanting to go back like crazy and try other entrees. I would say St. Patricks Day would be a great day to go, but the place is already crazy popular with the locals and on St. Patty’s Day….I think we would never get a table.
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups peeled turnips, diced into 1/2 inch pieces (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 3 medium carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups peeled potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 2 medium)
- 1 whole onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- In a large skillet of hot oil, brown stewing beef in half batches. Drain off the fat. Set aside.
- In the bottom of your slow cooker, place cut turnips, carrots, potatoes, onion, tapioca and seasonings and stir together. Add in the browned beef and broth, stirring to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Serve with drop biscuits or Irish soda bread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 689mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.