1. I mentioned yesterday in my Weekly Menu post that Josh and I had done a little bit of yard work over the weekend and that we had put a whiskey barrel in our front yard where the plant had been. Actually, my brother in love, Jeff helped Josh do all the yard work and lifting of the barrel. I went in and out of the house a bunch to check on their progress. But I digress, we want to plant flowers and and rosemary in the barrel. For those of you who are gardeners, what would you suggest we plant? What is hearty enough to take morning sun and afternoon shade and weird Oregon temps?
2. Eden is almost finished with all of her Kindergarten school books. Of course we are on Spring Break this week, but that is no reason why we should let her progress with reading slide. So Josh and I got her a couple of “Learning to read” books from Barnes and Noble. She always starts out being a little scared to try and read a book, but after she settles down and starts doing it, she is great! I hope she turns into a little bookworm like the rest of us.
3. Last week I finished my Proverbs bible study and it was excellent and this week I’m working on 1and 2nd Peter, but we began the study with a deep look into Peter’s personality, qualities, and the kind of person he kind of changed into. It’s been pretty awesome to learn a bit more about him. He starts out so obedient, yet unsure and then changes into a strong leader with a flair for speaking! If you haven’t read Acts 2:14-38 then you should. It is such a powerful speech by Peter! I kind of wanted to stand up and clap for him.
4. For the past few weeks I’ve been on the hunt for some stationary. But everywhere I looked, it a lot of cards and envelopes. I like cards, I think cards are great, but for sending letters, I wanted stationary and it is really hard to find a bunch of paper with a design you like that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. But I found this set at Barnes and Noble and I actually really love it! My favorite part, you don’t have to fold the letter in half a million times to make it fit into the envelope. Just fold in half once and it fits like a dream inside the envelope!
5. We did our first true grilling of the season this last weekend! Grace and Eden received a girls cooking book for Christmas and Grace found a burger recipe she wanted us to try: Cream Cheese Burgers. Oh my word-they were so good! I promise, the next time we make them, I’ll take pictures and we’ll share them with you guys.
6. I have a few tulips that the person who lived here before us had planted, but I love Daffodils! Ever since I saw the Disney version of Alice and Wonderland, I’ve always pictured them talking and singing to me as I walk by. (Yeah, I know I’m weird). #don’tcare
But Trader Joes has bunches of Daffodils for $1.29 a bunch and I just had to have them. They perk up my dining room perfectly!
7. Speaking of Disney, one of my favorite bloggers, Kristan from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen posted these Mickey Mouse Cinnamon Rolls over at Spoonful and I love them!!! I need to make them and I think the kids would adore them!
8. We went to Old Navy the other day to get Eden some flip flops and I fell in love with the clothes for Grace’s age! Oh my gosh, they are so feminem and modest and completely Grace. I wanted to buy everything I saw.
9. Christian got his first hair cut on Saturday and wailed through the entire thing! He was so not impressed with getting his hair did!
10. Tell me: What’s your favorite and least favorite thing about Spring?