1. This past Satuday, I took over the breakfast cooking and made cinnamon rolls. I hadn’t made them in a few months and they were so good! But of course, there were to many for us to eat, so I had to share. :)
2. Saturday late afternoon, Josh and I ventured to the mall area for swimsuit shopping for me. I think most girls will agree with me that swimsuit shopping is something of the devil. It is not fun. It’s annoying. It’s frustrating and uncomfortable. By the end of the first store (we went to Kohls first), my neck and arms were sore from having so many straps wrapped around me. But, we went to Macy’s next and I found the swimsuit I had been looking at online…the only one in my size hanging there on the rack. It wasn’t the color I had wanted (I wanted black and this one was a dark navy) but I went and tried that one on, along with a million others. And guess what, It fit!!! Like a glove! It was the only one out of the thousands that was the most comfortable. It didn’t tug anywhere, I wasn’t falling out anywhere, slimming. It was perfect. I tried on everything else just to be sure…but we ended up getting this one and I love it! Worth every single penny! I was afraid it would be a little matronly, because sometimes swim dresses tend to go there, and while I wanted to be modest and covered up, I still wanted to feel comfortable and classy. This one completely fit the bill and Josh loved it!
3. So for over a month we’ve been having water pressure issues with our sink. We already had a guy come out and replace the whole faucet because we thought that was the problem with the water pressure, but then a week after he came out, the water was barely there again. It makes washing dishes such a chore #punintended and its frustrating. Now, our garbage disposal is backed up again and I don’t even want to cook in my kitchen! But, tomorrow, the guy is coming back out to hopefully trouble-shoot the problem. Wish me luck!
4. I know some people find it impossible to shop for clothes at thrift stores, but I tell you, I find such good things there for amazing prices! I always have to dig a little bit, but I usually walk away with one or two goodies. On Saturday, I went to Goodwill while Christian was napping and started digging through the clothes. I’ve been on the hunt for dresses that I can wear in the spring or summer. I tell ya, I hit the jackpot! I found this dress from Old Navy for $7.99 with the tag still on it and nothing wrong with it. ( I wore it on Sunday with a little cardigan.) and then I found a really cute floral drop-waist dress from the Gap for $7.99-super cute and flattering on, I wore it yesterday and it was perfect for the warm weather we had and I found a like-new dark blue v-neck tank top from Victoria Secret for $4.99! I couldn’t believe it! I promise, that if you look for clothes at thrift stores like Goodwill and you bring some patience with you, you can find some treasure. I would say, half of my wardrobe is either Goodwill finds or clothes that have been given to me from my mom (we wear similar sizes and she loves to shop, so it works out in my favor) the rest, I buy on sale or clearance from usually places like Kohls or Old Navy. In fact, I snagged a Lauren Conrad shirt from Kohls the other day for $4.20 on clearance! You just have to be willing to look! :)
5. Please tell me I’m not the only one who has to be in bed by 10pm? Josh, needs to be in bed by that time for work, but I tell ya, I am so tired, that if we’re still up by 10:30pm, I’m starting to fall asleep.
6. I finished the 30 day shred again and yesterday I started this dvd back up again. I forgot how much I enjoyed it and how hard it does push me, oh and I still hate burpees! But oh my goodness, today…my lower back and abs are sore city!
7. It amazing how 70 degrees feels like 80 degrees! I’ve been so used to the 40’s-50 degree weather we’ve had that anything over 65 degrees feels incredibly warm!
8. Last night we made this Skinny Fettuccini Alfredo and it was such a hit and so delicious! I think this will be our new go-to recipe, because it didn’t taste healthy-ish or skinnier to me!
9. I mentioned in last week’s Tuesday’s Tidings, that I didn’t really understand what BB Cream was. So I looked it up and it sounds like it’s kind of like a beauty blemish cream that can also work as a foundation?? Some even have SPF. I was given a sample of a Coconut BB Cream from the Body Shop when I was there last and I really like it. I use it in the mornings instead of my usual moisturizer and not only does it smell good, I swear my skin is softer. But, I can’t find it on their website, lol! I’m going to have to go to the store I guess. So for those who do use it, what brand do you like the best.
10. I need tips for riding on planes with a 16 mth old- GO!