1. We surprised the kids last night with an invitation to Disneyland! The girls have been wanting to go for a few years now. We’ve got family down there we want to see and have a relaxing vacation. We leave in a few weeks! I wanna hear all the tips you guys have on saving money and great, affordable places to eat in Cali.
2. You guys, I’ve got to share this new bath product I picked up this weekend with a Groupon I bought about a month ago. If you ladies love a good bubble bath, then I’ve got a bubble bath product you’re going to want to run out and grab! It’s from The Body Shop and it’s called Honeymania Bubble Bath Melt! This stuff smells amazing. Not so much of honey, but more of a floral aroma. I took a bath the other night with this stuff and was in there for 45 minutes which never ever happens! The bubbles and fragrance stayed FOOREVER, even while the tub was draining and I think because the bubbles stay for so long, it kept the heat in the water as well. My skin was so soft afterwards and I smelled super good. This is a product I can see myself buying over and over again. And you don’t need much at all. Only about a tablespoon. So if you are in the market for bubble bath-try this stuff out!
3. So I bought this chambray shirt from Old Navy a week ago and I Love It!! I used the rest of a gift card I had and got it on sale. Love, love, love this shirt. If there was one negative thing about it, it does bleed against my white clothes. I wore it with a white tank underneath and later I had blue ink blotted onto me, lol! I have washed the shirt since, but haven’t worn it to see if it still bleeds. Either way, it’s worth it. This shirt is incredibly flattering.
4. What time do you go to bed at night? I feel like an old person. By 10pm, I’m beat and need to get in bed!
5. Okay…so what is the deal with this BB Cream stuff I see advertised all over the place. What is the purpose of it, what does it do, and how is it different from the moisturizer I already use and love?
6. Those who have little girls that are obsessed with My Little Pony may already know that Rarity and some of her friends were released at Build a Bear last week. We, or course had to go get them! It was Eden’s turn to stuff the pony and Grace got Scootaloo and now we have a whole house full of My Little Ponies. But ya know what? I don’t mind, they are so cute and the show is so healthy for my little girls. I don’t ever worry about what they are learning when they watch that one.
7. April Fool’s Day. Who tries to pull pranks on people on this day? I’ve never been much of a pranker. What’s been your best prank?
8. Josh and I made this Taco Pasta last week and it was so good! It’s really quick and easy and all the kids ate it up! This is just one of the many wonderful recipes of Lauren’s that we’ve made and they all turn out so good. Gotta love that she is also living in Oregon like me! :)
9. I can’t remember if I mention this at all, but back in February when Josh went San Francisco for the night for work, I had to make my own coffee…which I never did until recently. Now I make my own coffee like I’ve been doing it for years. But I had a sample of Folger’s Vanilla Biscotti coffee grounds and it is so good! Grace always gathers around me when I open the package up and takes a big whiff! This is my favorite coffee, the way it smells and tastes…so much better than the stuff my husband drinks. I just wish they sold it in bigger containers. :(
10. Now that we’re headed to Cali in 25 days (Yes, we have a countdown on our chalkboard right now), we plan on doing some swimming. I actually don’t like to swim. I used to love it, but then I started coloring my hair and wearing makeup and I just hated having to redo my hair and makeup, lol! Yes, this would be called VANITY. But anyways, I do not own a swimsuit. I threw the ones I had out because they didn’t fit me…because I have 3 gorgeous kiddos! But anyways, I find swimsuit shopping to be the very worst thing to do in the world and I dread it more than possibly even going to the dentist. Most department/retail stores just don’t carry flattering swimsuits for woman who’ve had a figure make-over. Target and Old Navy, while I love their clothes…I can’t wear the swimsuits. I’m going to check out Kohl’s hopefully this weekend, but I’m not sure where else to look and I’m hesitant to buy online. Although, I found this one and this polka dot one from The Loft. It’s more money than I would like to spend, but from what I hear, sometimes you have to spend more money on a suit that fits your body well than on something that doesn’t do a great job. I would be willing to spend the money…but I would love something a bit cheaper. I’m looking at one piece’s since I can never find a Tankini that works for me. Do you guys have any suggestions on where to look?