When lunchtime rolls around, I am uninspired. It’s the one meal that I would be fine with skipping. Our lunches for the week usually rotate between PB&J’s and a sandwich with some kind of lunch meat in it. However, every Friday, I make the Kraft Macaroni for the kids. I know it’s unhealthy garbage, but it is easy and pretty good too. I can always count on Christian eating it as well.
I always have a rotisserie chicken around because I buy one every time we go to Cosco. For $4.99, you can’t really pass the price up.
Since Memorial Day is right around the corner and the usual trend is to grill something-I thought I would offer up an alternative to grilling. Maybe you are getting together with friends in the afternoon for lunch- this lunch is so easy and tasty it would be a shame not to share.
Croissants are the perfect pairing to turn this into an awesome sandwich. It’s light, buttery, and flaky. It’s filling without making you feel like you ate a huge sandwich. Just serve some fruit on the side and lunch is served!
Croissant Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Easy, light, and flavorful. Everything you want in a sandwich at lunchtime.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 sandwiches
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chunked
- 1 small baby dill pickle, finely diced
- 1 TB mayo
- 1 TB yellow mustard
- 1 TB flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 large croissants, sliced length-wise
- handful baby spinach leaves
- Place the chopped chicken, diced pickle, mayo, mustard, and parsley in a medium-sized bowl and stir until everything is combined.
- On your sliced croissants, put a small bed of spinach on the bottom of the croissant. Spoon the chicken salad mixture evenly on top of the spinach. Place the top of the croissant on top of the chicken salad. Serve with fresh fruit.