Catz in the Kitchen
Yields 16-32 potato wedges
These smoky and flavorful wedges are a fun alternative to French fries that compliment any grilled meal!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 4 large russet or Yukon potatoes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar (or 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar and 1 tbsp white wine vinegar)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat grill to high heat. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and add to boiling water (generally cut russets into 8 wedges each and Yukons into 4 wedges each).
- Par cook potatoes until pierced easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Whisk in olive oil until combined and smooth.Season with salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate until potatoes are ready to serve.
- Drain potatoes, and brush with canola oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place potatoes on the grill with one of the cut sides facing down. Grill with the lid closed for 2-3 minutes. Open lid, and flip potatoes to the other cut side down and close lid and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the grill and sprinkle with paprika and cover evenly with sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Bobby Flay for the Food Network