This recipe originally appeared on Catz in June 2014. Since then, we’ve remade and rephotographed it, and it’s simply too good and too easy not to share again! I will sheepishly admit that I forgot to season these with the smoked paprika before photographing them – my bad! But DON’T actually forget the smoked paprika! It’s important!
- 4 large russet or Yukon potatoes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar (or 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar and 1 tbsp white wine vinegar)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat grill to high heat. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cut potatoes into wedges and add to boiling water (generally cut russets into 8 wedges each and Yukons into 4 wedges each).
- Par cook potatoes until pierced easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar in a medium bowl. Whisk in olive oil until combined and smooth.Season with salt and pepper to taste, and refrigerate until potatoes are ready to serve.
- Drain potatoes, and brush with canola oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Place potatoes on the grill with one of the cut sides facing down. Grill with the lid closed for 2-3 minutes. Open lid, and flip potatoes to the other cut side down and close lid and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the grill and sprinkle with paprika and cover evenly with sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 1365mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g