1. As many of you know, last week we went out of town. We drove all the way up to the northwestern tip of Washington to a town called Clallum Bay. Fifty years ago, Josh’s grandparents (whom we call Grammy and Grampy) went into the mission field and built their very first church. About 60 of us traveled from near and far and swarmed upon the little fishing town of Sekiu where we stayed in a motel that overlooked the strait of Juan de Fuca. It was gorgeous and we not only celebrated our grandparents but we also celebrated Grampy who turned 90 years old! I’ll be sharing more about our time spent in Washington later on.
2. I know 24 started awhile ago, but Josh just shared this article with me by Dave Barry and it’s pretty funny. If you haven’t read it yet, then you should.
3. I know we’re in full on Summer here, but these Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars by Sally’s Baking Addiction are singing Fall to me and I kind of can’t wait already!!
4. Josh is notorious for finding new apps he must have. He is currently selling us all on Duolingo. Basically, it’s a game that teaches you how to speak a foreign language, but you can also play against your friends and make a little competition of it.
5. We’ve had the power go out twice in 3 days at our house. Good thing I wasn’t baking anything or I would of been in trouble.
6. On our way home from the family celebration, we stopped in Seattle so we could show the girls around a bit. I wish we had only had more time though. (And no, I’m not pregnant. I just look pregnant in this picture, haha!)
7. I have the toughest time finding shorts that fit me. But, I’ve found a style that does. I’m obsessed with these midi shorts from American Eagle. They are so comfortable! Now I need to find some jean shorts I’m just as in love with.
8. On 4th of July, I got eaten alive by mosquitos and I now have 9-count em’ NINE bites on one foot!
9. I actually sat down and watched a little bit of the World Cup on Friday. I surprisingly enjoyed myself for the 20 minutes I watched.
10. I did this treadmill workout last night at the gym and it kicked my butt! It was awesome! After several days of not working out, I definitely needed a workout like this to get me back in the game again.