1. The fair came to town last week and we always go on a kids get in free night. This year, I managed to snag some pretty good coupons for ride tickets at a really good deal. Both Grace and Eden got to go on 6 rides which is kind of unusual for us. Usually we stick to around 2-3 rides per kid because it is so expensive. Of course, I like going to the fair purely for the food. Haha!
2. Have you seen this trailer that’s floating around that is like if “Michael Bay directed the movie UP?” It’s pretty funny. Reminds me of all the trailers they did for “Frozen.”
3. My sister in love, Jenn sent me an email a few weeks ago inviting me to try out thredUP. Have you guys heard of it? In short-it’s like an online Goodwill, but for nice brand name clothing. (YOU ALL KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE GOODWILL!) I explored the site every few days just trying to get a feel for it if was something I would actually use. I grouped all of my favorite brands together so I could see what’s out there and you know what? It’s a really neat site. I bought my first purchase today- 2 shirts from The Loft and one Lauren Conrad shirt that I had seen at Kohls earlier this spring. But also, I requested a bag that I could fill up with a bunch of clothes and shoes from my closet that I don’t wear anymore-which just came last night and I’ve already got the bag pretty full. They will basically buy the clothes from me and I can use the money to purchase more clothes or from what I understand-take a pay out and get a check in the mail. Pretty Cool right?? It is another referral based site-so if you take my invite-not only will you get $10 to shop with, but so will I. So it’s really cool.
4. I tried to read the book “Wild” and I got about a chapter in when I returned it to the library. I cannot handle a lot of language in books or talking about God in such a shameful way. Which is sad, because I really wanted to read the book. The story sounded interesting. Josh got me the Night trilogy for my b-day so I’m going to read that instead for now.
5. It looks like I’ll be having a very minor day surgery in October for a blocked sinus cavity and wisdom tooth removal, so I’m on the hunt for some good books because my doctor told me the recovery could be about a week long. So give some ideas of some nice clean books to read.
6. Eden turned SIX on Friday. She had a really fun birthday party on Saturday and today we’re going to take her to Oaks Park-our local amusement park and then out to dinner. I don’t know who’s more excited. Me or her.
7. This Saturday-we’re redoing our daughter’s room in a Parisian theme. I’m so excited-it’s going to look great!
8. I’m thinking I ned to make these Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Cups for Josh soon.
9. While he’s eating those Peanut Butter Cups, I’ll eat this Browned Butter Skillet Blondie! :)
10. This upper 80, 90 degree weather-it’s gotta stop. I can’t take it anymore.