1. Last night was the first night since forever that we started our tradition of evening tea. After the kids had gone to bed, I lit candles and Josh got the tea going and we sat down to watch the Christmas episode of Downton Abbey. It was perfect!
2. I have finally caught up on the newest episodes of Grey’s Anatomy and Parenthood. Love those shows! What did you guys think of the season premiere?
3. I’m writing this post this morning instead of last night, like I would usually do. I did a double-workout yesterday for some unknown reason, one hour of zumba and then 30 minutes on the treadmill like 2 hours later. By the time we went upstairs to bed, I was exhausted. I was so happy that Christian slept in till 8:30am this morning. That NEVER happens. Usually I am always up by 7:15-7:30am.
4. Usually, I am not a fan of most of H&M’s clothes. They tend to be a bit wild or very work appropriate. Since I am neither a teenager or working outside the home, I have a hard time finding things there that I can make work. However, I love their basics collection. I bought a gorgeous mustard pullover sweater and a white t-shirt and tank because mine we’re getting old looking. I couldn’t beat the prices on the t-shirt and tank. 2 for $10! Sold!
5. Speaking of shopping, I ventured out into the mall on Saturday and aside from getting those basics at H&M, I also got these capris leggings (thanks to a coupon) and lived in them all weekend, and then I found this dress on clearance with an additional 40% off. Still way more than I would usually spend on a dress, but I made a promise to myself that I would try to invest in some new dresses this season and this was a nice start. I hardly have any fall/winter dresses and this one can work for both seasons.
6. I shared this photo on Instagram and our Catz FB page, but just in case you missed, because these are so awesome-I’m sharing with you again. After the mall on Saturday, we went to Trader Joe’s to stock up on some of our favorite staples. We always check the samples-and this was the featured food item and I was hooked. We decided it would make a great lunch for after church on Sunday and this is a new favorite. I think these two are both going to become a Trader Joe’s staple for us.
7. I think this parfait is just dreamy looking.
8. I’m so happy that Josh finally put our A/C units away. I get my windows back and it feels like fall here.
9. These pancakes…SWOON!
10. One day, I’ll have a pantry in my kitchen. But until then, I’ll be daydreaming about this one.