1. Yesterday we got Gracie going on a little bit of school work. We don’t have all of Eden’s books yet and we’re still waiting on Grace’s spelling book to get here, but Grace got started on her math and working on her cursive handwriting by writing out a few verses from Proverbs. She also started working on her Awana verses last Friday.
2. This weekend, we took Grace pj shopping. She needed a new pair with pants and a nightgown. We went to Kohls, Target, Justice, and Macy’s and not one of those places had nightgowns in her size. It’s like they stop making once they reach size 10-and she is more of a 12 at this point. Are there other stores that you know of that sell kids nightgowns?
3. This article from the NY Times is awesome. I recommend that everyone reads it, especially if you have a kid with autism.
4. Wow- this bread pudding looks ridiculously good!
5. I usually am not really one to drink my calories, but this hot chocolate looks kind of worth it!
6. I gotta tell you, I was really surprised at how approachable this cookbook is. We’re longtime fans of Geoffrey Zakarian and I’m well aware of how amazing he is in the kitchen. I thought for sure this would be a cookbook would beautiful pictures, but not really one I might cook from because the recipes just might have to much flair for my family. I was wrong-this cookbook was made for the at home cook and beyond. I cannot wait to cook a recipe from it. I’m so glad Josh surprised me with it.
7. Did you hear that Marvel comics has killed off Wolverine and apparently Thor is now a female!? What the heck! WHY???
8. I vow to never go grocery shopping in the later afternoon again. It is so busy and loud. I went yesterday after Christian got up from his nap and by the time I left-which was about 4:30pm I was losing my mind! When do you usually do your grocery shopping?
9. If you haven’t entered to win your own brand new copy of Red Velvet Lover’s Cookbook, today is your last chance. So enter if you haven’t!
10. Anyone else play Scrabble on their phones? It’s been down for almost a week and it sucks! I feel like I’m getting dumber by the moment because my brain isn’t trying to scramble 7 letters into words.