1. While I was recovering last week, I spent most of time in bed. But every evening the kids would come find me in bed and give me hugs and kisses and a bit of amusement. With my left side of my face being so swollen it made my vision out of my left eye difficult, so I wore my glasses a lot. Christian wanted to wear them too.
2. While laying in bed, I spent much time watching Gilmore Girls. I believe I went through the first two seasons in this one week. It’s a good thing Josh enjoys the show as much as I do. The quick-witted banter is hilarious.
3. I was told yesterday to be careful when I blow my nose for the next few weeks, otherwise I could blow up my cheek! No, seriously! I’m scared to death to blow my nose at all now. So I better not get sick. Looks like I’ll become a hermit for the next month or so.
4. I got out of the house yesterday for a bit. Did a little grocery shopping with the family and then I wanted to spend a little bit of time with Grace, so we went on a Goodwill date looking for a few clothing items. She found some really cute items and we had a blast together, even though I came home exhausted. I did find a cute pair of ballet flats and a shirt and coat for Christian, too.
5. I also taught Grace how to clean out the fridge. I had her take everything out, scrub it down and go through and weed out all the expired products. I told her it’s something I do every month and was good for her to learn how to do. She did a fantastic job and what good hands on training it was for her in taking care of a home.
7. I think this “skinny” orange chicken looks just divine!
8. I found this necklace on Pinterest the other day, and it is just so darling!!
9. I just got a new Talenti gelato, Caramel Apple Pie-and let me tell you that it is worth every calorie.
10. These pumpkin molasses sandwich cookies are calling to me. I must have them!