1. Have you guys watched this new show on the Food Network Channel called Kid’s Baking Championship? Grace and Eden are loving it and I would be lying if I said these kids weren’t impressing the socks off of me. They are so creative and have so much knowledge in the kitchen for being so young. It is so neat to see so many young people involved in the kitchen.
2. I did a little shopping on Saturday. Josh wanted to run into DSW to look for some work shoes and while he and Christian set off into the men’s section, the girls browsed with me and then I came across these wedges in beige and I fell in love. They fit me so perfectly and they were surprisingly comfortable. I don’t have any wedges like this and Josh convinced me to buy them. Then, while Josh and the kids were browsing at Barnes & Noble, I stopped into the Loft to look for some of the tanks I like and found this dress and out of curiosity tried it on. Needless to say, it was just lovely and I didn’t have anything like that and since it was 40% off, I treated myself to that too. I couldn’t find the tanks I like though. I guess they have a new style and I’m not as fond of them.
3. Grace has decided to make some cookies out of her Disney Princess Cookbook she got from Disneyland last April. She’s been begging me to make these cookies for months and they call for a small cookie scoop because they are “mini” cookies. I finally went on Amazon yesterday and ordered this scoop. Grace is so excited she can barely contain herself!
4. Doesn’t this ground turkey sweet potato skillet look mouth-watering? I’m thinking I need to add this to my menu soon.
5. Anyone else having a love/hate relationship with Daylight Savings? I love all the extra light we have, but oh my gosh-I want my sleep and this time change is messing with my kids.
1. We tried out this amazing recipe for grilled butternut squash on Saturday. Yeah, that’s amazing stuff right there. Expect us to blog it soon.
2. Speaking of grilling, have I mentioned how happy I am to see the sun? Yes, it’s early, and, yes, we’ll probably pay for it with lots of rain and gray skies come April and May, but right now it is simply glorious.
3. One part of the sun coming out that’s not so glorious. We Oregonians spend about nine months out of the year without sun, so when early March rolls around and it’s suddenly 60 degrees outside (that is warm, people!), we suddenly see a lot of very…very…white arms and legs everywhere. And feet. Very white feet. Mine included. Which makes me sad (but not sad enough to put my flip flops back in the closet).
4. Yoshi’s full name was T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas. No word on what the “T” stands for. Who knew.
5. My dad turned me on to this book called The Boys in the Boat. It’s about a rowing team. That sounds really boring, unless by some bizarre coincidence you’re really into rowing and also reading this blog, but, wow, is it ever not. I’m about two thirds of the way through, and I absolutely cannot put it down. The writing is some of the best I’ve ever read, and the new perspectives on The Great Depression, The Dust Bowl, and the 1936 Berlin Olympics are absolutely fascinating. Add this one to your list. Now.