1. We watched the new Hobbit movie on Friday and then we took the girls to go see Cinderella on Saturday. Both movies were excellent. It was so much fun to see Cinderella brought to life and ALL of the acting was superb! Take your daughters to go see it!
2. I bought strawberries last week and I definitely need to invest in one of these strawberry hullers.
3. I finally finished the stack of books on my nightstand table. I have to recommend that if you are at all uncomfortable with the idea of entertaining and how to go about it, read the Reluctant Entertainer. It is so good and really easy to read.
4. Now that I’ve finished my stack of books, I started reading A Tale of Two Cities – I’ve never read Charles Dickens before and I love classic books, but I always find I have such a hard time understanding what they are talking about the first five chapters, lol! Is it just me?
5. Happy St. Patrick’s Day! I think this Irish Potato Pie looks amazing and I wish I was making Irish food today because this recipe would be on my “to make” list.
1. I’ve realized over the course of the past year or so that I’ve read more books than I can count about the Second World War (I suspect I’m not alone in that), but very few about the First. I did a little research, and it sounds like the Pulitzer Prize-winning 1960’s book The Guns of August is an excellent place to start, so I’m going to give it a shot.
2. It’s St. Patrick’s Day! This one is maybe, just a bit, more personal for me. Since last March, I’ve done a little digging around in our family history, and, hey, who knew, we’ve actually got quite a bit of Irish blood! Does that mean more green or less…?
3. I know Chels mentioned it above, but the new Cinderella is really just fantastic. I’ve been a big fan of Kenneth Branagh for quite a while, but he took such a refreshing, respectful approach to what is obviously a classic and precious story for millions of families. No retelling, no big twist, just a magical story “brought to life.”
4. Parasol is a drone that flies over your head when it rains to keep you dry. Um…want?
5. A light bulb in a cauliflower looks very much like a super-creepy alien spaceship. That is all.