This past November, I went to my monthly cooking class. It was just the start of the holiday season and I was excited to see what we would be making and later eating. When we began the main entree, I knew right away that this dish was something I could not wait to make. And then I tasted it and I just about died. It was seriously so good!
It was so worth the wait! I made it early in the morning, because you know, we’re living in the clouds these days and the best time for foodie pics is during the morning/early afternoon. I wasn’t to worried about how it would reheat because I remember Lisa saying while we were making it that, it made great leftovers and the leftovers from that cooking class, she was going to bring to a couple who had just had a baby in their church. (They didn’t have the baby in the church, the couple, goes to the church.)
It literally just took a few minute to pull together and within an hour, it was done baking and my whole house smelled amazing! We reheated it later that evening in the oven and it was still beautiful and still delicious and Christian went nuts over it. In fact, we had just enough leftover for him to have another night for dinner.
This Swiss Chicken dinner, is easy and beautiful and a really pretty perfect entree to serve if your having company over. They will think you slaved over the meal for hours, when it probably took more like 10 minutes to prepare. If you don’t believe me, go ahead and try it! Your family will devour this!
- 5 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into halves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (15 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Stovetop chicken stuffing
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 lb grated Swiss cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Spread grated swiss cheese over the chicken.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup with the sherry and whisk until incorporated. Drizzle over the cheese.
- Place stuffing on top of the sauce and evenly pour the melted butter over all of the stuffing.
- Bake uncovered for one hour or until chicken is done.
Recipe by Lisa Pearson
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 514mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 26g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.