Remember yesterday when I told you that I took three zucchinis from one of the sweet ladies in our church? I made the chocolate zucchini bread with one zucchini. I made this summer pasta with one of the other zucchinis I grabbed, along with the yellow squash I was given the previous week. A summer pasta full of fresh vegetables is the perfect dinner for our meatless Monday nights.
- 1 lb (one box) fettuccine or linguini pasta
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup grilled zucchini, chopped
- 3/4 cup grilled yellow squash, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh ripped basil
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp red chili pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve about 1 cup of starchy cooking water, Drain.
- Slice the zucchini and squash length-wise and lightly drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill the zucchini and squash until grill marks appear but veggies are still firm. About 5 minutes. Chop the grilled veggies into 1-inch half moon slices.
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil and garlic until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Don't allow the garlic to brown. Add the grilled veggies, tomatoes, basil, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Continue cooking on medium-high heat until the veggies are soft, yet firm. About 5-10 minutes.
- Add pasta and parmesan cheese. Add about 1/2 cup of the starchy water and gently toss pasta to coat. Toss with additional parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.